oriental cabbage salad
Just try and stop at one serving of this totally addictive salad!
Yes, listed under Luau Recipes, you've found this splendid mix of crunchy, tender, crisp, salty, sour and sweet, and it is a perfect dish for your next Hawaiian-inspired party. But, it will surely become a weeknight favorite too.
Marinate boneless, skinless chicken breats in honey, soy and sesame oil, then grill, slice and toss in with the salad and you've got a fabulous one dish main meal that's ready in minutes.
If you want to make it a little lighter on the calories and fat, just leave out the noodles - it's still a winner!
for a fabulous sesame cabbage salad, you'll need:
luau recipes - oriental cabbage salad
- 1 x 3-ounce package ramen noodles (Maggi 2 min noodles in Australia & UK), chicken flavor
- 1 head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 green onions, white and green parts, finely sliced on the diagonal
here's how you do it:
1. Break up the ramen noodles a little while they're still in the package.
2. In a large bowl, combine noodles, cabbage, green onions, and sesame seeds.
3. For the dressing, combine the seasoning packet from the noodles, vinegar, sugar and oil; whisk to mix well.
4. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Before serving, stir in the almonds
share the love
If you like what you see, why not share this site with your friends? There's always a new party in the planning around here.